Unable to sync New Records

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hi, Selvin,

I am using your sample as the basis for an app that requires syncing to SQL server (see earlier comment). THis is a different schema and table to the list sync sample (List sync sample works fine)
My app has initial db create and sync working fine (Jelly bean seems to break the automatic sync - seems to occur with list sync sample - need to invoke the first DB sync from the service in android settings)
I have some 'default' test records defined in the SQL DB that are correctly synced into the new DB on a clean install to android device or emulator.
I can edit these 'default' DB records, and they sync back to the SQL db OK - supports any number of changes -text, integer boolean etc - all ok.
If I add a new record into the SQL it is synced into the android app/db OK.
But, if I create a new record on the client device, sync breaks with an internal server error (500) and no more sync occurs.
If I then delete the new local record, sync starts working again.
Can you offer any guidance on what the issue might be?
I would like to start a private conversation on how to fix this - it is for a commercial client and I would be happy to pay for consultancy to make this work.
Regards
Geoff
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Heh i did not visit this site for a while... To get internal server error you have to modify source as i wrote here https://selvinlistsyncsample.codeplex.com/workitem/4
Jun 14, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Hi, Selvin,
Thanks for the tip on the decimal issue. I have included it into the code.
The problem I described above was not due to any issue with your sample code, nor with the MS Sync code.
It turned out that I had a series of cascaded triggers on a table outside the sync scope but that was affected by inserting a new record from the sync process.
My bad...